Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Welcome to our Blog!!





Jennifer Bridges - owner of Red Rooster Retreat on Smith Lake in Crane Hill, Alabama. I'm the "chief cook and bottle washer", decorator, and household manager. My husband, Jim, is the business manager, handyman, and groundskeeper for the retreat.

We opened the Red Rooster retreat in January 2005 after my retirement from public school teaching. Jim is also retired from service in the U.S. Army for 27 years.  I enjoy the menu planning and cooking for guests, and decorating the Retreat for each season. An added bonus is seeing the beautiful thngs people are making while they are here, and the friendships we have developed with our guests.

Becky Jones – owner of Snowbird Retreat. I'm the assistant “chief  cook an bottle washer” for both retreats. My husband and I are in the process of retiring and moving to Alabama.  Dwight, myhusband, still works for the FAA in Alaska and is here only part of the time (just long enough to do his “honey do” lists).   We are originally from this area and wanted to end up down this way in the warmer weather.  We have been part of this venture since 2009 when we bought the retreat.  My favorite part of this work is meeting and talking to all of the wonderful guests that we have coming through each week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment